Shoutbox: [14-04] pointlesspoint: Seems like a hack. Can't report that user. Changed my account to https://soundcloud.com/pointlesspointlesspoint for now.

Feedback / New rules on money links

DelugeOfSound [Moderator] -
On 22-09-2011 20:16:24, Morango wrote:

[...]

maybe one extra rule, i don't agree with money-links, but if the original recording is from one of those hosts it could acceptable, because there's no alternative money-free link.

i think i saw this point of view from route12 (?!) house/tech/techno poster

So far, all people i have banned for extended periods of time (1 year+) have been people who added moneylinks to sets that were not their own additions. This makes it clear they're only using such uploads to earn money and thus a bannable offense.
Route12 is no exception here, he was adding his moneylinks to other sets as well for the sole purpose of earning cash off this site.

I don't want to make exceptions for people who've been adding sets to the site. One rule applies to everyone.
Morango -
What is real?
On 22-09-2011 20:28:22, DelugeOfSound wrote:

[...]

So far, all people i have banned for extended periods of time (1 year+) have been people who added moneylinks to sets that were not their own additions. This makes it clear they're only using such uploads to earn money and thus a bannable offense.
Route12 is no exception here, he was adding his moneylinks to other sets as well for the sole purpose of earning cash off this site.

i was just thinking in a possible set without a valid link.

I don't want to make exceptions for people who've been adding sets to the site. One rule applies to everyone.

okay, so it will be like that.
DelugeOfSound [Moderator] -
On 22-09-2011 20:31:55, Morango wrote:

[...]

okay, so it will be like that.

As i said i've not dealt with sets with moneylinks from the person who added the set. Generally when a person adds a money link to a set that isn't his/her own it will be a 2nd/3rd/4th etc. link so the situation you're describing won't happen as easy.

If there is a set without a valid link and a moneylink gets added after the date of the public announcement, it will be an offense. If it was there from before i'll let it slide for now.
Morango -
What is real?
On 22-09-2011 20:35:18, DelugeOfSound wrote:

[...]

As i said i've not dealt with sets with moneylinks from the person who added the set. Generally when a person adds a money link to a set that isn't his/her own it will be a 2nd/3rd/4th etc. link so the situation you're describing won't happen as easy.

If there is a set without a valid link and a moneylink gets added after the date of the public announcement, it will be an offense. If it was there from before i'll let it slide for now.

:thumbsup:
hardcorerepublic [Moderator] -
♪ ♫♫ ♪
Filejungle is not allowed  :info:
♪ ♫♫ ♪
x7.to is not allowed  :info:
♪ ♫♫ ♪
On 22-09-2011 20:35:18, DelugeOfSound wrote:

[...]

I do deal with sets submitted by moneymakers..  :bday:
♪ ♫♫ ♪
On 02-10-2011 19:46:08, hardcorerepublic wrote:

[...]

I do deal with sets submitted by moneymakers..  :bday:

or the people who add the links.. created by moneymakers
Edited by hardcorerepublic on 02-10-2011 19:47
♪ ♫♫ ♪
On 22-09-2011 20:16:24, Morango wrote:

[...]

maybe one extra rule, i don't agree with money-links, but if the original recording is from one of those hosts it could acceptable, because there's no alternative money-free link.

i think i saw this point of view from route12 (?!) house/tech/techno poster

no alternative or not.. other links need to be created  :aww:
Maximumraver [Set Editor] -
aka Sloperij Janssen
Maybe it's useful to create a small list in http://lsdb.nl/submit.html of banned and recommended filehosts?
darklime.carnage -
VГÉЖ [ДVЯKГVЙWЭ] aka [VИGЭЯKICK]
dropbox and filedropper maybe also added as good?  :)
♪ ♫♫ ♪
On 04-10-2011 01:10:29, darklime.carnage wrote:

dropbox and filedropper maybe also added as good?  :)

Approved  :thumbsup:

..and big filesizes are supported  :)
♪ ♫♫ ♪

BUMP
Xerxes -
Everybody's favourite Belgian
WAJOOOOOOO  :yum:
Knomo -
Why? Because fuck you, thats why
Ik vind die nieuwe reg..... tiettuhhhhhhhhhh
BeatTech -
I got a ?

I upload my sets from soundcloud but also have a hotfile link I use to upload to web radio people. I have added this link in the past to my sets when I delete the set off soundcloud so incase some people want to dl an older set they still can. Was about to start adding these links to some past sets and saw this post. The reason I use hotfile is cuz I paid for it so I dont get my links erased for inactivity like zippy, sendspace, etc. So, is this a banable offense??? Ive only made like 62 cents off hotfile in the last year.. lol Nothing to take to the bank or anything.  :)
BeatTech -
also added one to my chicago 059 before I saw this post. cuz it was a repeat of something older that I didnt put up on soundcloud. Lemme know if its not allowed. I can take it down before you ban me.. Thanks  :)
♪ ♫♫ ♪
On 06-10-2011 18:18:32, BeatTech wrote:

also added one to my chicago 059 before I saw this post. cuz it was a repeat of something older that I didnt put up on soundcloud. Lemme know if its not allowed. I can take it down before you ban me.. Thanks  :)

No you won't get banned for this.. i think we should make an exception for people who use these links for their own mixes.

Thank you for letting us know  :thumbsup:
Edited by hardcorerepublic on 06-10-2011 18:22
♪ ♫♫ ♪
So when the uploader and the artists are one and the same person.. it is allowed for them to use any link they want.

Fake/suspicious accounts will be closed...

but that of course is logical..
Edited by hardcorerepublic on 06-10-2011 20:56
BeatTech -
On 06-10-2011 18:21:57, hardcorerepublic wrote:

[...]

No you won't get banned for this.. i think we should make an exception for people who use these links for their own mixes.

Thank you for letting us know  :thumbsup:

Thanks for clearing that up for me!  :beer: