Shoutbox: [09-08] Abrikozenjam: dj redje had het van zijn looks, dus ik denk beide :redje:

Pavo @ Tape 8 (1998)

Early Hardcore   Jump   Early Hardstyle

Submitted by: SandStorm @
Last edited by: SandStorm @

Filetype: 128 kbit MP3
Length: 01:30:00
Rated by: SandStorm The_Sociopath

View as plain text

Tracklist

  Kant A
1. ID (ID)
2. ID (ID)
3. DJ Flaver - Children (Original Mix) (1)
4. The Traxxsters - Luv Cums (DJ Gert Mix)
5. TS Macon - Sucka MF
6. Da Rick - Bill & Monica
7. Da Tekno Warriors - Are You Serious
8. ID (ID)
9. ID (ID)
10. ID (ID)
11. Darrien Kelly & Attic & Stylzz - Fixation
12. TCP - Lovin You (The Stunned Guys Mix)
13. Evidence - Arctic Rider (1)
  Kant B
14. Evidence - Arctic Rider (1)
15. Promo - 20,000 Freaks
16. Mister DJ - Liberty
17. DJ Paul - Natural Born Killers (Born Bad)
18. The Headbanger - Sweet Dreams You Bastard
19. E-Rick And Tactic - The Deejay's Record
20. Mister DJ - Nhema Gayakaya (Gumurrtjararrk Yawirriny Remix)
21. DJ Prepetrator - World Of Shit
22. The Headbanger - Nowhere To Hide
23. ID (ID)
24. New Style Anarchists - Execute
25. E-Rick And Tactic - All Fucked Up!



moppi -
New Link Please?
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
new link!  :thumbsup:
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
Only Side A?
moppi -
01. Phantom - The Abyss (Buzz Fuzz Remix)
Psychologic -
I've got a very different version of this mixtape, I'll add both sides and you be the judge.

Kant A

1. ID
2. ID
3. ID
4. ID
5. TS Macon - Sucka MF
6. Da Rick - Bill and Monica
7. Da Tekno Warriors - Are You Serious
8. ID
9. ID
10. ID
11. Darrien Kelly and Attic and Stylzz - Fixation
12. TCP - Lovin You (The Stunned Guys Mix)
13. ID

Kant B

1. ID
2. Promo - 20,000 Freaks
3. Mister DJ - Liberty
4. DJ Paul - Natural Born Killers (Born Bad)
5. The Headbanger - Sweet Dreams You Bastard
6. E-Rick And Tactic - The Deejay's Record
7. Mister DJ - Nhema Gayakaya (Gumurrtjararrk Yawirriny Remix)
8. DJ Prepetrator - World Of Shit
9. ID
10. ID
11. New Style Anarchists - Execute
12. E-Rick And Tactic - All Fucked Up!

A weird period for Hardcore but Pavo's mixing and track selection is sooooooo good!  :thumbsup2:
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
On 03-07-2020 16:39:08, Psychologic wrote:

I've got a very different version of this mixtape, I'll add both sides and you be the judge.

Kant A

1. ID
2. ID
3. ID
4. ID
5. TS Macon - Sucka MF
6. Da Rick - Bill and Monica
7. Da Tekno Warriors - Are You Serious
8. ID
9. ID
10. ID
11. Darrien Kelly and Attic and Stylzz - Fixation
12. TCP - Lovin You (The Stunned Guys Mix)
13. ID

Kant B

1. ID
2. Promo - 20,000 Freaks
3. Mister DJ - Liberty
4. DJ Paul - Natural Born Killers (Born Bad)
5. The Headbanger - Sweet Dreams You Bastard
6. E-Rick And Tactic - The Deejay's Record
7. Mister DJ - Nhema Gayakaya (Gumurrtjararrk Yawirriny Remix)
8. DJ Prepetrator - World Of Shit
9. ID
10. ID
11. New Style Anarchists - Execute
12. E-Rick And Tactic - All Fucked Up!

A weird period for Hardcore but Pavo's mixing and track selection is sooooooo good!  :thumbsup2:


Yes thank you, i thought there was something wrong with this one, i seem to have lost some of the '98 tapes from Pavo,
found parts of them scattered over the net, so this tape 8 had the wrong number and is in fact the other side of tape 9 '98.
I allready found it very strange the tracklists mached, please help fix this if you have the time.
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
tape 1 should be ok, tape 2 missing, tape 3 only 60min, tape 4 only side b, tape 5 & 6 are correct, tape 7 missing and 2 tapes from '99 and 1 from '00...
Psychologic -
I've updated everything missing except Tape 2, which I don't think I've ever had.  :beer:
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
 :worship:
pointlesspoint -
The Mixcloud link is, according to the tracklist, side B of Tape 9?

Evidence - Arctic Rider is the first track of Side B.

Side A
3. DJ Flaver - Children (Original Mix)
Edited by pointlesspoint on 04-07-2020 13:56
pointlesspoint -
Side A is almost exclusively Hard House, maybe you can add it as genre.
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
Can't add Hard House, added Jump as I recall that's close to Hard House right?
kaaskop -
On 06-07-2020 18:29:57, SandStorm wrote:

Can't add Hard House, added Jump as I recall that's close to Hard House right?


Early hardstyle is much closer
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
Hardstyle began 2000:

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardstyle

I don't know if Jump is completely different from Jumpstyle but Da Rick's track is categorized as Jumpstyle :

https://www.discogs.com/Da-Rick-Bill-Monica/master/98509

And it is mentioned as a genre for Thunderdome Hardcore Rules The World:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Thunderdome-Hardcore-Rules-The-World/master/37680
Edited by SandStorm on 06-07-2020 22:07
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
kaaskop -
On 06-07-2020 22:01:18, SandStorm wrote:

Hardstyle began 2000:

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardstyle

I don't know if Jump is completely different from Jumpstyle but Da Rick's track is categorized as Jumpstyle :

https://www.discogs.com/Da-Rick-Bill-Monica/master/98509

And it is mentioned as a genre for Thunderdome Hardcore Rules The World:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Thunderdome-Hardcore-Rules-The-World/master/37680


Early hardstyle began in 1998

https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_hardstyle

The catacorisation on discogs is not allways spot-on.

1998 the year hardcore died and dj's/producers started experimenting and came with (early)hardstyle, new style (very slow hardcore) and jumpstyle and some even landed in club-house like bass D & king mathew (the club masters).
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
I don't agree but i've added early hardstyle 'cause my memory of that time doesn't always reflect the whole scene and is just my experience...
pointlesspoint -
Jumpstyle (Belgian roots) fits quite well. Hard House is very broad a term, Chicago or Uk variant, which came before Jumpstyle. Hard House can be put under House (US roots) or Hard Dance. Jumpstyle borrows elements from Hard House, Hardstyle is its descendant with more and more trance/anthemic elements turning more into a Dutch thing around 2000? If these genres would be of any interest to me i would investigate time in it and compare exemplary tracks from that period but i won't. It's all crossover and most dj/producer would produce/play everything in between.
Edited by pointlesspoint on 07-07-2020 13:18
SandStorm [Set Editor] -
It's A Dirty Job...
04 The Traxxsters - Luv Cums (DJ Gert Mix)