Shoutbox: [19:11] darklime.carnage: Please tune to twitch.tv/seua

General discussion / Why no Tomorrowland 2017 livesets on LSDB??? Such a shame, so many great sets to share...

Glennpeters21 -
Trippin' :p #ThePurge
Almost all good Tomorrowland 2017 sets are uploaded on youtube, even the new Footworxx/Hardcore stage sets are uploaded. Today i went searching on LSDB and i was surprised that there where no Tomorrowland sets on LSDB, at all. Then i wanted to upload one, and the website says 'forbidden to upload Tomorrowland 2017 sets'... i have no clue why this is disabled.. Can anyone tell me why? Such a shame..
sinenV -
ID&T came by a few years ago upset about us hosting 3rd party links to their event sets, probably due to the popularity of Sensation and rising popularity of Tomorrowland. In order to avoid copyright strikes against the site or risk having it shut down it's not allowed to host any LSDB set whatsoever, excluding the one single Dr Peacock set from Thunderdome: The Final Exam.
Big shame since Sensation Black and some Thunderdome sets are very hard to find otherwise.
ThaClown -
In theory everything is straight
https://lsdb.nl/faq/21

Like sinenV says, same goes for all ID&T related sets, but also some other ones, like all Korsakoff sets and Above and Beyonds Group Therapy

It's disabled because - correct me if I'm wrong - LSDB want to stay online without having to deal with lawyers from big companies like ID&T
mstx [Admin] -
Altijd goed geleid en shit
Yes, ID&T threatened with lawyers a few years ago. I sent them an e-mail this year how they think about it nowadays but I didn't get any reply.
hardcorerepublic [Moderator] -
♪ ♫♫ ♪
Tomorrowland is the problem. It's just about money. All the names are considered brands ..and lsdb is not allowed to archive them as just livesets.
foxx -
I said it in the chat and I am poiting it out again:

As long as there is no links to Downloads or any links to sources OTHER than the official ones, they can't do shit. In fact, they are not going to. If you are simply linking to the official YouTube uploads, it is by no means illegal, nor can they complain about anything.
Glennpeters21 -
Trippin' :p #ThePurge
Thanks, it's really sad.. but now i know the reason  :)
-michaelhughes [Set Editor] -
On 11-08-2017 18:55:02, foxx wrote:

I said it in the chat and I am poiting it out again:

As long as there is no links to Downloads or any links to sources OTHER than the official ones, they can't do shit. In fact, they are not going to. If you are simply linking to the official YouTube uploads, it is by no means illegal, nor can they complain about anything.
They can "do shit" and they would. They have restricted every available portal to be uploaded to this site and it will stay that way until they decide enough is enough. It's not illegal but they could file a law suit against this site for breaching rules.