Shoutbox: [14-04] pointlesspoint: Seems like a hack. Can't report that user. Changed my account to https://soundcloud.com/pointlesspointlesspoint for now.

Feedback / Download links

mstx [Admin] -
Altijd goed geleid en shit
Currently the Dutch anti-piracy organisation is shutting down websites that stream music without licences.

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/123723/brein-dwingt-geforcefm-punt-nl-te-stoppen-met-streamen-van-muziek-zonder-licentie.html

Now GeForceFM.nl was also shut down because of the streaming but also because they uploaded sets from Above & Beyond, Tiesto's Club Life etc. They call it 'mass scale copyright infringement'. I don't think it will take long before they come after LSDB so I want to prevent that.

The only solution that I can come up with is that we can only allow links to official soundcloud/mixcloud/youtube accounts.

edit: I enabled all Soundcloud/Mixcloud/Youtube/Facebook links
Edited by mstx on 24-04-2017 08:41
shellghost -
But this site isn't streaming or downloading music. It redirects users to the site were the set is played from.
Maybe you can contact Arnoud Engelfriet and see what he has to say about this site and if its legal or not.
-michaelhughes [Set Editor] -
On 21-04-2017 09:59:00, shellghost wrote:

But this site isn't streaming or downloading music. It redirects users to the site were the set is played from.
Maybe you can contact Arnoud Engelfriet and see what he has to say about this site and if its legal or not.
A lot of people add sets that are played "live" via social media (Facebook). I agree with mstx - Only sets that have came from official accounts should be aloud.
Motorhead -
so this is the end of lsdb?
shellghost -
On 21-04-2017 10:16:42, -michaelhughes wrote:

A lot of people add sets that are played "live" via social media (Facebook). I agree with mstx - Only sets that have came from official accounts should be aloud.

It's in Dutch i'm afraid, but the main point is that linking to legal content is legal, like linking to Facebook, SoundCloud, MixClound and so on.
http://www.mediareport.nl/internetrecht/04012013/embedden-is-openbaarmaken-vonnis-in-de-nederland-fm-zaak/

"Ten eerste kan je op je site verwijzen naar een andere site waar legale content op staat. Door het volgen van de link word je doorgeleid naar een andere site waar je toegang hebt tot deze content. Deze vorm van linken is in principe auteursrechtelijk geoorloofd."

It would be illegal if the content is played thru the website, which(?) is not.
On 22-04-2017 17:44:49, shellghost wrote:

It's in Dutch i'm afraid, but the main point is that linking to legal content is legal, like linking to Facebook, SoundCloud, MixClound and so on.
http://www.mediareport.nl/internetrecht/04012013/embedden-is-openbaarmaken-vonnis-in-de-nederland-fm-zaak/

"Ten eerste kan je op je site verwijzen naar een andere site waar legale content op staat. Door het volgen van de link word je doorgeleid naar een andere site waar je toegang hebt tot deze content. Deze vorm van linken is in principe auteursrechtelijk geoorloofd."

Adding sets from YouTube, Soundcloud or Mixcloud is fine, as mstx said. People just need to be careful about what sets they add and from where, that's all. In other words, no sets will be submitted here from events until the organisers (i.e AoD, B2S, MoH) post them to either their mixcloud, soundcloud or youtube accounts.
Edited by -michaelhughes on 23-04-2017 01:17
Motorhead -
On 23-04-2017 01:09:49, -michaelhughes wrote:

Adding sets from YouTube, Soundcloud or Mixcloud is fine, as mstx said. People just need to be careful about what sets they add and from where, that's all. In other words, no sets will be submitted here from events until the organisers (i.e AoD, B2S, MoH) post them to either their mixcloud, soundcloud or youtube accounts.

it's not about those lame events, it's just another stupid move from artists & companies who cry a lot that someone posted their sets quicker than companies, just another useless move. there is solutions for this for Dutch sites, just site owner should change site country and make redirect from .nl domain into kinda .com / .co and so on.
Edited by Motorhead on 23-04-2017 12:50
On 23-04-2017 12:45:59, Motorhead wrote:

On 23-04-2017 01:09:49, -michaelhughes wrote:

it's not about those lame events, it's just another stupid move from artists & companies who cry a lot that someone posted their sets quicker than companies, just another useless move. there is solutions for this for Dutch sites, just site owner should change site country and make redirect from .nl domain into kinda .com / .co and so on.
At the end of day, when people record sets from events that are streamed on a radio station, that is illegal as they have not seeked permission from the artist or company, which is why we always get requested to remove such sets from this site until official ones are released.
Edited by -michaelhughes on 23-04-2017 13:48
ThaClown -
In theory everything is straight
In summary, what does this mean for LSDB?
Only links to the official soundcloud/mixcloud/youtube/facebook/etc. pages from the artist or organisation?
Or are other links to those sites still allowed? And what about Zippyshare and other non-streaming sites?

For future events I can see why the organisation wants only links to the official streams ... for most past events, there never was (and will be) links to the 'official' sets
Edited by ThaClown on 24-04-2017 10:42
What it means is that there will not be any links to sets unless it's official links on Mixcloud, Soundcloud or YouTube. I don't know if old sets are included but future ones, only official links will be aloud. I'm not sure about zippyshare, media fire or sites like that, you'd probably have to ask mstx or an admin about it. There are some old sets that have "official links" to the set. The word "official" in this case is being used too much. All links are "official" to some degree but only links that have been uploaded by either the artist or the organisation will be deemed as "official" to comply with copyright laws. It's not an ideal situation but we just have to deal with it in the best way we can.
Edited by -michaelhughes on 24-04-2017 17:44
tecas -
Came here for Defqon sets and I see we won't be able to have them... just sad. Not sure what's with this weirdness with sets. They've been all over the internet for ages, since streams existed...I don't see events, organizations, artists, etc losing sales or attendance because of recorded streams... I see the exact opposite! We'll have to wait ages for these sets (or get them from sites which don't really have a Hard Dance community, which is sad...)
On 23-06-2017 20:40:02, tecas wrote:

Came here for Defqon sets and I see we won't be able to have them... just sad. Not sure what's with this weirdness with sets. They've been all over the internet for ages, since streams existed...I don't see events, organizations, artists, etc losing sales or attendance because of recorded streams... I see the exact opposite! We'll have to wait ages for these sets (or get them from sites which don't really have a Hard Dance community, which is sad...)
We are just trying to ensure that we don't get shut down. Recording sets from streams without permission is illegal and explains why we always get requested from event organisers to remove the sets until the official ones are released.
tecas -
On 25-06-2017 12:47:15, -michaelhughes wrote:

We are just trying to ensure that we don't get shut down. Recording sets from streams without permission is illegal and explains why we always get requested from event organisers to remove the sets until the official ones are released.

This website has been widely known for years. Why only enforce this now? I find it really strange why organisations suddenly want to double down on "set protection". I've also checked where's the disclaimer saying it is illegal to record sets from Q-Dance Radio, and I didn't found anything (not saying it doesn't exist, just saying I didn't find any mention of it being forbidden).
On 27-06-2017 22:38:59, tecas wrote:

On 25-06-2017 12:47:15, -michaelhughes wrote:

This website has been widely known for years. Why only enforce this now? I find it really strange why organisations suddenly want to double down on "set protection". I've also checked where's the disclaimer saying it is illegal to record sets from Q-Dance Radio, and I didn't found anything (not saying it doesn't exist, just saying I didn't find any mention of it being forbidden).
Because anti-piracy organisations are now clamping down on it so we need to act accordingly. It doesn't just apply to Q-Dance, it's general knowledge that ripping or recording sets from steams is illegal. It wouldn't have a disclaimer because most people should be aware of it.
mstx [Admin] -
Altijd goed geleid en shit
Recording radio/streams for personal use is perfectly legal though, it's just not allowed to share them without permission.
On 28-06-2017 14:38:27, mstx wrote:

Recording radio/streams for personal use is perfectly legal though, it's just not allowed to share them without permission.
That's true but most people who record streams upload them online, which then makes it illegal. I'm not just meaning to this site, even to soundcloud/mixcloud etc.
kathytom -
If you are concerned about your website LSDB facing similar issues, melon playground limiting your platform to only allow links to official Soundcloud, Mixcloud, YouTube, and Facebook accounts can be a step in the right direction. This approach ensures that you are promoting legitimate and authorized sources for music content, reducing the risk of copyright violations.
kalyl -
It's good that you're proactively considering ways to geometry dash prevent potential copyright infringement issues on your website, especially with the actions being taken by Dutch anti-piracy organizations.
victorpatrick -
Yes, but the majority of those who record streams also post them online, making it unlawful. I also mean Retro Bowl College soundcloud, mixcloud, and other websites in addition to this one.
michaelarrington -
Restricting links to official SoundCloud, Mixcloud, YouTube, and Facebook accounts is a good step to ensure that the content shared on your website complies with copyright laws retro bowl unblocked