Shoutbox: [26-04] Bedlam: This website is still an utter shambles after trying umpteen browers etc over he last few weeks. If you actually try using all the facilities search etc you find that out not a couple of clicks here and there. People complained along with me at the start but when two users came on said it was not that bad nobody backed me up such is life! Do you deserve people like me and others wasting time trying to help you all on here? Them that can fix it do so I would say!

Feedback / new rule regarding links

hardcorerepublic [Moderator] -
♪ ♫♫ ♪
Hi everybody,

There has been a discussion within the crew and it seems everybody agrees (except one) on having a new policy regarding the links.

All stream links are not different from download links and a download option is not required.

Everyone can submit sets with just the stream link. A download link is still a plus.. but it is no longer required. Having no link at all (when submitting) will still mean that the set will be deleted.
So youtube links, mixcloud links and other options to listen are sufficient. Soundcloud links do not need to have a download option.
Temporary links like the ones the bbc website offers or vpro-luisterpaal are also allowed.

Feel free to ask questions  :)
Sm0keythebandit -
It's backwards!
On 16-09-2012 15:12:32, hardcorerepublic wrote:

Hi everybody,

There has been a discussion within the crew and it seems everybody agrees (except one) on having a new policy regarding the links.

All stream links are not different from download links and a download option is not required.

Everyone can submit sets with just the stream link. A download link is still a plus.. but it is no longer required. Having no link at all (when submitting) will still mean that the set will be deleted.
So youtube links, mixcloud links and other options to listen are sufficient. Soundcloud links do not need to have a download option.
Temporary links like the ones the bbc website offers or vpro-luisterpaal are also allowed.

Feel free to ask questions  :)

I Disagree..

Streaming @Soundcloud is still very limited in quality so yeah and their compression methods are horrible.. you'll get to tag every mix that was uploaded to soundcloud and not downloable with 128 kbps.

But i'm not the part of the decision so i guess i'll have to live with it!
hardcorerepublic [Moderator] -
♪ ♫♫ ♪
On 16-09-2012 15:26:26, Sm0keythebandit wrote:

[...]

I Disagree..

But i'm not the part of the decision so i guess i'll have to live with it!

I've added a poll to see whether you are the only one or not
steviedoyle [Set Editor] -
Life begins at 140
most soundcloud links have a download link anyway, but aye it's a good thing, specially for people who have limited downloads or a limited internet connection.

Anyhow, most links up or probably zippy, an who actually downloads the zippy instead of just streaming it  :p
DelugeOfSound [Moderator] -
I've always been of the opinion that we're a liveset database, and as such we should have the most complete possible collection of livesets. Even if its just streamable, people can still listen to it and its still a liveset.

My two cents.
Knomo -
Why? Because fuck you, thats why
Soundcloud streams are downloadable with Offliberty.com for example and if I'm not mistaken it also works with Mixcloud
Pithune -
Shadow Interaction
On 16-09-2012 17:19:46, DelugeOfSound wrote:

I've always been of the opinion that we're a liveset database, and as such we should have the most complete possible collection of livesets. Even if its just streamable, people can still listen to it and its still a liveset.

My two cents.

agree
Luukjahhh -

I've always been of the opinion that we're a liveset database, and as such we should have the most complete possible collection of livesets.

This.
darklime.carnage -
VГÉЖ [ДVЯKГVЙWЭ] aka [VИGЭЯKICK]
if there is no dl on the mix on sc,i require artist to provide it,since there pretty much no point for posting only streamable sets,with few exeptions
PatrickG88 [Set Editor] -
[Tʜᴇ Bʟᴀᴄᴋ Bᴏx]
On 16-09-2012 17:12:38, steviedoyle wrote:

most soundcloud links have a download link anyway, but aye it's a good thing, specially for people who have limited downloads or a limited internet connection.

Anyhow, most links up or probably zippy, an who actually downloads the zippy instead of just streaming it  :p

My two cents.

I'm OK too  8-)

But I think if someone or several users want a dl link (because only mixcloud, youtube.. stream link posted) the submitter (at first) or someone else must provide it.
Vinyl_Vinnie [Set Editor] -
Oldskool Mayhem
Streaming is the next best thing, also comes in handy if youre not sure wanna download the set. Id always go for both.

I would like to be able to embed a youtube player in the more info section, just as people can embed YT in the comments.

But, since im one of the few who always has a video registration of my mixes, this isnt likely to occur in the near future.

I upload my sets to;

1) YT
2) mediafire
3) multiupload (which uploads it to; depositfiles/freakshare/rapidgator/putlocker/turbobit/zippyshare)
4) beatplexity
5) mixcloud
6) my own nas in a public folder

I like redundancy, could almost say im obsessed by it.
sinenV -
On 16-09-2012 17:34:13, Knomo wrote:

Soundcloud streams are downloadable with Offliberty.com for example and if I'm not mistaken it also works with Mixcloud