Shoutbox: [05-05] Dooter:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :beer:

Feedback / What is the difference between "Amateur" and "Professional"?

Bemaniac -
I recently submitted a couple of my sets, and I set my designation as "Professional", but someone changed it to "Amateur".

What is the distinction between these two on LSDB? I don't produce, but I do play regularly and get paid for what I do, and in my mind, that would qualify me as a "professional".

Any clarification would really help. Thanks  :)
E-Stylezz -
vet cool gave koffiepads !
Nevio -
Is DJing your main source of income
If so, then you can say you are professional  ;)
hardcorerepublic [Moderator] -
♪ ♫♫ ♪
how is the hc scene in the US?
Bemaniac -
Ahh. Thanks for the clarification. DJing isn't my sole source of income, though I don't think the same could be said of the *vast* majority of Hardcore DJs around the world (even the guys from Endymion have day jobs at Cardiac).

Regardless, that really helped!

@hardcorerepublic: The scene is really, really small compared to Europe. Most parts of the US and Canada have no Hardcore whatsoever. I'm lucky in that I live in San Francisco, which is large enough to support some Hardcore. SF has a relatively large Happy Hardcore scene, but I'm the only Hardcore DJ in the area. Things are definitely picking up though, as we're starting to get large Hardcore headliners at many of our shows, but it's a rounding error compared to the scene in Europe.
Nevio -
On 11-05-2010 22:01:11, Bemaniac wrote:

Ahh. Thanks for the clarification. DJing isn't my sole source of income, though I don't think the same could be said of the *vast* majority of Hardcore DJs around the world (even the guys from Endymion have day jobs at Cardiac).

Regardless, that really helped!

Well that's the problem really, but generally if you get booked at big parties, we class that as professional also...

so basically if you DJ for a living, or are very well known at big parties (big money there anyway)  ;)
♪ ♫♫ ♪
On 11-05-2010 22:01:11, Bemaniac wrote:
...but I'm the only Hardcore DJ in the area.

:beer: respect  :worship:
Bemaniac -
On 11-05-2010 22:02:47, Nevio wrote:

[...]

Well that's the problem really, but generally if you get booked at big parties, we class that as professional also...

so basically if you DJ for a living, or are very well known at big parties (big money there anyway)  ;)

Cool. Yeah, I guess it just comes down to the details. I do get booked by this area's largest promoter, but our idea of a "big" party is actually quite pitiful.
♪ ♫♫ ♪
oops  :$